In my last post here, I was originally putting up a list of things I could write in the immediate week or so. But then I decided otherwise, majorly because of  2 reasons.
  1. It would have become a poll and then I would have to give in to Popular demand (this was based on an assumption that I have uber cool viewership, and people respond to my posts. Well, the only time people responded to my post is when I put up my teenage snap.. looked more like fossil to me)
  2. The element of Surprise. This is practically the only thing I might end up being intrigued by till the time I die.(alleast so far) So I decided not to Kill it last night.
Anyways, just so that you know, one of the things on that list was Hyperhomocystenemia, the ailment I have been diagnosed with. No No No, u don't need to get turned off with this part. Its just that I feel like keeping records of my physical well being (or the lack of it).

So yeah, today was the day to not be the uncrowned king of procrastination, and go ahead and take initiative (does that word ring a bell), to take a blood test. Allright, I would like to shed some light on why I hate taking blood tests. Its not the needles piercing my veins, or patch they apply later that partially waxes that 1mm x 1mm patch on my arm, that make me hate these blood tests. Its the lack of variety in life now.

I have spent more than 24 hours across the last 2 months in Pathology and other labs, and spent more than half the GDP of Ethiopia on my tests, still have no results. I practically feel the Doctors and the Lab guys playin table tennis with me as their Ping Pong (or whatever that ball is called). F~!@, im a ball now. My Lab guys know me so well now, they dont even ask me my name, only ask me what im testing for today. The blood extractor (if i may call her that), already knows where my vein is, she doesnt even need to spend time searching for it. (I still dont understand why I feel good when they search for the vein... some treasure hunt). Im like a prick and go model for them.

Will I ever be able to feel the same about blood tests hereon. Will they ever be able to detect anything from my blood, or are they just planning on cloning me (here I am assuming, I am a superior being.. just in case the hint wasnt clear)

By the way, I just realized I still havent told you what test I took today. I couldnt have gone back up in the post, and tried to fit it in somewhere. So yeah. I took the Antiphospholipid Anitbody test. I wasnt clear about what it does. Not that I know much now, apart from the fact that my Doc says: " If this is in the body, and high, the chances of a clot developing somehwere in the blood vessels is higher. SO we will know". Alleast someone will know something.

I am sure none of you would want to read about this. So just to cater to both categories of my audience (pause for a second. I made a lot of asumptions here. Firstly, I assumed i have an audience. Secondly, that some will want to read this.. and so there are 2 categories of audiences)

For the ones who dont want to read further:

"Antiphospholipid (aPL) antibodies have been found in association withclinical symptoms such as deep venous thrombosis, arterial occlusiveevents (eg, stroke, myocardial infarction), and recurrent fetal loss.They are also associated with vasospastic phenomena such as migraineheadache, Raynaud phenomenon, and transient ischemic attack (TIA)." -- courtesy Emedicine.com

Read more ...

Yeah the read more is for the other set of people. :D

If you are fed up reading just this, imagine me with an 10 times the amount of text here, only in prescritpitons. I now dont remember what page of my file holds what.

I think Ill move to Kailash Parbat ..the internet knows it as Mt.Kailash.

Till then..
For a time when I dont shed more blood..

Posted by email from Cant think of a name for this (posterous)

2 comments:

Björn said...

How is your posterous thing linked to blogger????

ADITYA said...

That is what Posterous does.. it gives u the option to post at multiple locations.. via one email..

its awesome ..why do u think im doin it..