And yeah, also having saved so much Talk time too. There are an un-imaginable number of reasons, I have that can justify me missing my phone. A few for example:
  • Very Important : Shooting Texts in a meeting (now I keep a paper and pen handy)
  • Twitter: I miss updating my twitter on the fly
  • Now that I use Posterous too, I wish I could have used my phone for it
  • Ohh Yeah.. I miss my phone for all the life saving data I used to carry on it, which now reminds me to replicate the backup on multiple locations, coz its not portable
I know, by now the average assumption would be that making and taking calls should have been the first thing on this list. But it changes a bit, I like not receiving calls from work, even when ur not at work, and this "losing the phone" act helps a lot.

There have been 2 occasions that I distinctly remember missing my phone daaaaaiiimmmm badly. Missed to an extent that  actually went on record cursing the guy who flicked my phone. These 2 occasions haev been the last 2 weekends that I have done without my phone, even moreso on the first weekend. When u wanna make that one call and get to know the plans for the day, and all u can then do, stuck in traffic is, sulk. These 2 weekends were the times when I actually went to electronic stores, and was so tempted to pick up some phone. But better sense prevailed, and I survived.

So far so good. Plans are to carry on without one till the end of August. Long road ahead, but I think ill manage somehow. Im hoping to get used to this way of life by then.

As of now.. My condolences to my Phone.. May its soul rest in peace.. and may the thug have his butt impailed on a cactus.

Till the time we start connecting again
For a phone Free world

Posted by email from Cant think of a name for this (posterous)

No comments: